Apr 14, 2020
Fukuoka COVID-19 news & information in English
Fukuoka Now is posting daily news summaries in English about the COVID-19 situation of importance to residents of Fukuoka and Kyushu. Keep yourself informed!
Jul 21, 2020
Lunchtime Celebration – Treat Yourself and Friends at Wolfgang’s
Time flies! Four years have flown by since Wolfgang Zwiener brought his famous chain of steakhouses to Fukuoka. Located on the ground floor of the Grand Hyatt Fukuoka, with...
Jul 31, 2020
Boss E?ZO Fukuoka – Opening Report
Boss E?ZO Fukuoka, an “exciting entertainment zone,” opened on July 21, 2020 and Fukuoka Now was invited to report on it a few days in advance. The biggest draw is...
Jul 21, 2020
Kakigori Guide 2020 – The Best Spots for Shaved Ice in Fukuoka!
In the fierce heat of the Fukuoka summer sun, eating kakigori is the most delicious way to cool off. This seasonal treat consists of delicately shaved ice as fluffy as freshly fallen snow, which is then heaped with...
- Typhoon Haishen Intensifies as it Approaches Kyushu - River Floods Expected According to the latest information from the Japan Meteorological Agency (as of Saturday, Sep. 5, 20:45), Typhoon Haishen’s central air pressure now measures 920 hectopascals. At this evening’s press conference, the agency mentioned the increasing likelihood of a ‘special warning’ issuance for Kagoshima Prefecture. In southern Kyushu, maximum wind speeds More
- Transportation Cancellations Announced for Fukuoka As Typhoon Nears ?As powerful Typhoon Haishen approaches Kyushu, some transportation companies have announced service cancellations. Fukuoka City Subway will suspend operation on Sep. 7, between Meinohama to Nishijin (Kuko Line) and Maidashi-Kyudaibyoinmae to Kaizuka (Hakozaki Line.) Trains might be canceled as early as the afternoon of Sep. 6. Nishitetsu will suspend train and local-bus operations from 21:00 on Sep. 6 More
- Extremely Strong Typhoon Heading Towards Fukuoka - Warnings Issued Typhoon Haishen is expected to hit northern Kyushu between Sep 6 to 7. The powerful typhoon, which is now moving over Japan’s southern sea, continues to intensify in power. Officials warn people to brace for unprecedented winds, waves, record-setting rainfalls, and other disasters by reviewing ‘hazard maps’ of their residential areas and planning for possible evacuation. Once the typhoon arrives, More
- Kurume Companies Win 2020 World Label Competition with Sake Bottle Label Kurume-based printing company Maru-shin and sake brewery Wakatakeya took home the Best of the Best award in the combination printing category at the 31st World Label Competition in 2019. The award-winning label was designed for More
- Fabbit Opens New Coworking Space in Munakata Tokyo-based Fabbit, a coworking space operator that is part of the Apaman Group, has opened a new space in Munakata City. The space, the fifth in the prefecture, is housed in a renovated bicycle parking facility next to JR Akama Station and... More
Typhoon Haishen Intensifies as it Approaches Kyushu - River Floods Expected
Sep 5, 2020 甄嬛传2甄嬛传2Local News
Hot springs, saunas, nature, and art. Mifuneyama Rakuen: A Paradise for the Senses
Aug 19, 2020 Now Reports